Date of Course:
09 Oct 2017 - 10 Oct 2017
IASTM COURSE; Notts County Football Club, Meadow Lane, Nottingham, England; 9-10 October 2017
Course times : 9am – 5pm days 1 & 2.
Click here to watch the video.
Educate yourself from the best IASTM instructors
Step 1: Effectively evaluate soft tissue malfunctions with ERGON® Technique scanning procedure (ETSP). Extend your diagnostic assessment capabilities with ERGON Tools.
Step 2: Learn the 15 basic and 8 Advanced ERGON® IASTM Technique Strokes.
Step 3: Learn how to use ERGON® Technique Method in 37 labs to treat all musculoskeletal pathologies and injuries.
Step 4: Apply ERGON Technique in your clinical practice.
ΕRGON® Τechnique is a novel therapeutic approach combining static and dynamic manipulations of the body’s soft tissue with special clinical equipment for the treatment of neuro-musculoskeletal pathologies. The technique derives its name from the ancient Greek word “ergon”, which means “the product of a man’s work, be it manual or mental, scientific or artistic”.
ΕRGON® Τechnique is an innovative development of older approaches (IASTM technique, GRASTON technique, Tools assisted massage technique etc.) and is based on the myofascial meridians theory as first described by Thomas Myers and Ida Rolf. The ΕRGON® Soft Tissue Τechniques are applied on specific points of tissue restrictions and fascial adhessions along the fascial meridians; when these are released, functionality improves within a few treatment sessions.
ERGON TECHNIQUE is taught through a two-level educational programme, basic and advanced, on a 2-day course. 200 pages of training manuals for each level include both theoretical and clinical parts as well as the presentation of the method in more than 250 photos.
ERGON® IASTM Technique includes specific therapeutic strokes for the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal system disorders which the physical therapist performs using specially designed stainless steel tools – the ERGON®Tools.
There are three ERGON® Tools (ERGON® I, II and ΙΙΙ) designed and manufactured in an innovative way to facilitate the application of ERGON® IASTM Technique. The design innovations of ERGON® Tools include fully ergonomic design, multi-functionality and facilitation of innovative grips and therapeutic applications.
ERGON TECHNIQUE is constantly developing through targeted research in collaboration with the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, the European University of Cyprus and the National Sports Academy Vasil Levski, Faculty of Physiotherapy, Sofia, Bulgaria.
ERGON TECHNIQUE is an evidence based IASTM method
ERGON TECHNIQUE is referenced in many physiotherapy books, as well as high quality research protocols.
Why become an ERGON TECHNIQUE certified therapist?
After your two-day training in the technique and its applications you will be able to:
- Assess potential fascial dysfunctions,
- Approach, in a therapeutic manner, areas than cannot be easily reached by human fingers,
- Intervene on stiff tissue and restore elasticity of connective and muscle tissues
- Reduce muscle tension, spasm and pain,
- Restore the joint range of motion within the space of a few treatment sessions,
- Produce controlled and targeted re-injury in cases of overuse injuries,
- Accelerate tissue healing by activating fibroblasts,
- Treat the majority of musculoskeletal and sports injuries,
- Apply functional rehabilitation techniques and combined techniques,
- mobilize oedemas and hematomas resulting from sports injuries,
- improve blood and lymph flow,
- align healing tissues,
- apply cross friction therapy on tendinopathies and other chronic injuries
- “Release” cross-links between connective tissues,
- Stimulate anabolic processes in connective tissues (collagen fibres),
- Increase skin temperature,
- Facilitate reflex changes in chronically incorrect muscle activation patterns,
- Improve myotatic reflex and neuromuscular control,
- Increase tension produced in one or more joints,
- Improve lymph flow and venous return,
- Increase histamine response (after mast cell action),
- Reduce pain and muscle spasm through neurophysiological adaptations
- Restore biomechanical function of joints through release of fascial restrictions and adhesions.
With ERGON TECHNIQUE you will be able to effectively treat the majority of musculoskeletal injuries and pathologies like
- Shoulder Joint tendinopathies (Supraspinatus tendinopathies)
- Tennis-golfers elbow
- Hand Tendinopathies (DeQuervain)
- Achiles Tendinopathies
- Pes anserinus tendinopathies
- Iliotibial band friction
- Knee tendinopathies (jumpers knee)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle strains (subacute/chronic stage)
- Ligament sprains (remodeling phase)
- ROM deficits (frozen shoulder, post surgical adhesions, dupuytren syndrome)
- Myofascial Trigger Points – Muscle spasms –Pain syndromes
- Shin Splints
- Upper and lower extremities bursitis Cervical pain syndromes Thoracic pain syndromes Low-back pain –sciatica Nerve injuries (Carpal tunnel syndrome etc)
- Chronic injuries and pathologies (Arthritis, patellofemoral syndromes, osteitis pubis etc)
ΕRGON® Technique is an important therapeutic approach for the rehabilitation of major sports injuries as with the ERGON® clinical tools the physical therapist can :
- mobilize oedemas and hematomas resulting from sports injuries
- improve blood and lymph flow
- align healing tissues
- apply cross friction therapy on tendinopathies and other chronic injuries
- reduce muscle tension and spasm
- accelerate healing
- increase range of motion post surgery
For more information about ERGON Technique, click here.
A Club Physio ERGON IASTM TECHNIQUE course includes: • All supplies needed for the course as tools, emollients, tissues • Coloured and illustrated course manual • Tea, Coffee and Lunch on each day • Certificate of attendance in a digital form • One free premium listing of your practice on ERGON IASTM website
Please note: ERGON IASTM courses are for healthcare therapists / professionals (clinical physiotherapists (PT’s), chiropractors (DC’s), osteopaths (DO’s), podiatrists, soft tissue and manual therapists, kinesiologists, doctors, medical specialists and acupuncturists) for whom IASTM is within your scope of practice. No minimum IASTM experience required but presumed anatomy, advanced palpation skills and clinical expertise is expected due to the advanced nature and in depth structure of our Ergon IASTM courses. Professional indemnity insurance as per your professional body is also a pre-requisite.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
Course times : 9am – 5pm days 1 to 2.