Date of Course:
03 Feb 2018 - 04 Feb 2018
SOLVING CLINICAL PROBLEMS – THE LOWER LIMB COURSE, Cape Town 3-4 February 2018
Course times : 9am – 5pm both days
Click here for more information: https://youtu.be/0KBUb2EOpVI
Instructor : Mark Silvester (NZ and former Chelsea Football Club Physio)
This course will…
-Look in detail at the biomechanical causes of lower limb injuries.
-Teach you how to identify and treat the movement faults that cause these injuries to become recurrent or ongoing
-Cover issues from the hip to the big toe.
In this workshop we examine lower limb alignment from the hip to the toe with an emphasis on active control of lower limb alignment. Postural control is considered in all three planes. We will differentiate between structural and functional pathologies at the hip, knee, ankle and foot such as differentiation between structural hip ante-version and functional excessive internal rotation.
Conditions covered in the course include Hallux valgus, metatarsalgia, plantarfasciitis, shin splints. Patello-femoral pain, ITB friction syndrome, recurrent hamstring strain, ITB fasciitis, trochanteric bursitis, hip impingements, clicky hip and others. Treatment strategies are developed discussed and detailed.
Mark Silvester MNZSP ADP Dip MT
Mark has taught over 100 courses in 10 countries on a functional/behavioural approach to musculo-skeletal pathology. His sports experience includes the Americas Cup and Chelsea Football Club and the Waikato Chiefs.. He also provides injury prevention advice to the Fire Service and other large organisations
A Club Physio Courses registration includes:
• Most supplies needed for the course as suggested by the instructor; you may be requested to bring along some equipment needed for the course and in your clinic thereafter.
• An electronic course manual (you can choose to print it out or save and bring it along on your laptop / tablet; please bring extra writing paper should you wish to make extra notes;
• Tea / coffee / snacks on each day;
• A signed certificate of attendance including your cpd points.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – PS; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
-Day 1&2; 9am – 5pm