Date of Course:
05 Feb 2018 - 06 Feb 2018
SOLVING CLINICAL PROBLEMS- THE SHOULDER COURSE, Cape Town 5-6 February 2018
Course times : 11am – 7pm on both days (to avoid traffic):
Click here for more information:https://youtu.be/oDsNt2B1WC0
Instructor : Mark Silvester (NZ and former Chelsea Football Club Physio)
This shoulder course will cover the following topics
Glen-humeral ROM including humeral posture
Scapulo- humeral movement. Common faults and their significance.
Scapula posture. Myofascial influences on the scapula and release of key muscles. Plus PNF patterns.
Shoulder girdle joint assessment including scapula elevation patterns and Rib 1 and 2 and muscle energy techniques for the SCJ
Anatomy of impingement
1 Chicken and fish.
2 Scapula control
Activation of the power chain in elevation
3 Rotator cuff activation
Testing the rotator cuff strength
Testing rotator cuff length. Trigger point release in the cuff
Facilitation of cuff
Rotator cuff tears
Gleno -humeral control
At the conclusion of this course the participant will be able too…
1 Assess and correct scapula posture and dynamic scapulo- thoracic faults.
2 Identify and release the common muscular restrictions around the scapula.
3 Assess shoulder girdle joints and be competent in using muscle energy techniques to correct the SCJ.
4 Assess Rib 1 and 2 position and be familiar with techniques to correct upper rib dysfunction.
5 Understand and identify the 3 main causes of impingement pathology.
6 Be familiar with techniques to correct the causes of impingement.
7 Understand the mechanisms and be able to assess for shoulder instability..
8 Be familiar with techniques to treat shoulder instability.
9 Be able to identify frozen shoulder especially in the early stages and understand the natural history of frozen shoulder.
10 Be familiar with effective techniques to mobilize the shoulder.
Mark Silvester MNZSP ADP Dip MT
Mark has taught over 100 courses in 10 countries on a functional/behavioural approach to musculo-skeletal pathology. His sports experience includes the Americas Cup and Chelsea Football Club and the Waikato Chiefs.. He also provides injury prevention advice to the Fire Service and other large organisations
A Club Physio Courses registration includes:
• Most supplies needed for the course as suggested by the instructor; you may be requested to bring along some equipment needed for the course and in your clinic thereafter.
• An electronic course manual (you can choose to print it out or save and bring it along on your laptop / tablet; please bring extra writing paper should you wish to make extra notes;
• Tea / coffee / snacks on each day;
• A signed certificate of attendance including your cpd points.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – PS; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
11am – 7pm on both days (to avoid traffic)