|Brief CV of Wilma Erasmus
Wilma Erasmus was born in Zimbabwe but grew up in Thabazimbi. She qualified as a physiotherapist in 1982 from the University of Pretoria.
Wilma started own private physiotherapy practice in Witbank in 1987 and is currently still practicing in Witbank. she is married to Nicky and they have no children. Her hobbies includes, cycling, spinning and swimming.
Additional postgraduate training.
Wilma Enrolled as a student at WITS for a Masters in Physiotherapy (ICU) through dissertation. she has also successfully completed the Advance Management Program from Manchester Business School in 1999.
• Actively involved in the affairs of the SASP since 1995 up to 2010 and hold the following portfolio’s:
• SASP Tariff Committee Chairman
• SASP Tariff Consultant
• PhysioFocus Chairman. (Twice)
• SASP Vice President
• SASP President
• Act as an expert witness for the HPCSA since 2000 on ethical and tariff related issues.
• Lectured to physiotherapists and other medical professionals in SA and Namibia since 1995 on various topics ranging from tariff related issues, ethical matters and practice management.
• External examiner WITS for final year physiotherapy students for their practice management block 2007 and 2008.
• Part time lecturer WITS final year physiotherapy students: Practice management and ethical issues.
• Won the National SA Council for Business Women of the Year award in 2008-2009 in the professional category.