Date of Course:
03 Jul 2021 - 04 Jul 2021
DRY NEEDLING COURSE; LEVEL 1; Shannon, Ireland; 19-20 June 2021 – course dates tbc as postponed to July / Aug 2021
Course times : 8.30am – 6pm
Why Dry Needling?
Dry Needling is a very successful medical treatment which uses very thin needles without any medication (a dry needle) to achieve its aim. Dry Needling is used to treat pain and dysfunction caused by muscle problems, sinus trouble, headaches, and some nerve problems. It is not at all the same as acupuncture. Acupuncture is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, whereas dry needling is a western medicine technique, which needs to have a medical diagnosis. There is a clear scientific understanding of dry needling, and it carries not spiritual “baggage” as acupuncture may do.
COURSE OVERVIEW & CONTENT FOR DN1
This introductory course is for all clinicians who want to introduce dry needling into their repertoire of skills for treating myofascial pain and MSK conditions.
This course will give clinicians a new prospective of directly managing and treating many MSK conditions with safe and effective needling of their patients.
Trigger point dry needling theory, anatomy and practicals for the following muscles will be covered.
- Glutes and lumbar spine;
- Cervical spine, Sternocleidomastoid and scap thoracic muscles.
- Rotator cuff, Pectorals, Arm and Forearm.
- Thigh and Lower limb muscles
Learning Objectives for DN1
Upon completion, participants should be able to;
- Identify the Myofascial Trigger Points of the muscles covered.
- perform safe and effective dry needling techniques;
- Know the pre-cautions, indications & contra-indications to dry needling.
- Understand patient consent, needle stick injury and DN protocols,
Dry Needling becomes more and more popular all over the world. Don´t get left behind and learn this progressive technique!
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- Course times :8.30am – 6pm