DRY NEEDLING COURSE; LEVEL 2; Dubai; UAE; 20-22 October 2016 ;
by This dry needling level 2 course is accredited in Dubai by the DHA:
DRY NEEDLING LEVEL 2 COURSE
The DN level 2 course is the extension of the DN level 1 introductory course and the pre-cursor to certifying as a dry needling practitioner.
It all comes together on the DN2 course starting off with a review of the DN1 course – dry needling principles and practice / safety / physiology / pain management / anatomy and no-go-areas and then we review needling of the main muscles from the DN1 course while practically assessing your technique.
Participantsare then taught to needle the rest of the bodies muscles (tmj and face, neck, hands, feet, abdomen and pelvis) that are not covered on the DN1 course.
DN2 also focuses on how to best incorporate dry needling into clinical practice by discussing needling for specific clinical conditions including tendinopathies, arthropathies, neuropathies and DN in sports. Each clinical condition is discussed according to symptom presentation, differential diagnosis, identification of primary, secondary, satellite, associated and latent trigger points, and when / how to needle in association with other treatment techniques / training / competition / rehabilitation programmes.
Clinical conditions discussed include rotator cuff pathology, headaches and migraines, plantar fasciitis, patella and achilles tendinitis, tennis elbow, sciatica and piriformis syndrome, pelvic pain and muscle injuries.
DN2 will also take up to 3 live patients on the course and demonstrate assessing and treating a patient in accordance with DN principles and techniques (subject to local laws and accreditation regulations).
Pre-requisites for attending the DN Level 2 course; completion of the DN Level 1 course and a minimum of 3-6 months needling in clinical practice.
The online theory exam can be taken and completed after the DN2 course to certify as a DN Practitioner.
Why Dry Needling?
Dry Needling is a very successful medical treatment which uses very thin needles without any medication (a dry needle) to achieve its aim. Dry Needling is used to treat pain and dysfunction caused by muscle problems, sinus trouble, headaches, and some nerve problems. It is not at all the same as acupuncture. Acupuncture is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, whereas dry needling is a western medicine technique, which needs to have a medical diagnosis. There is a clear scientific understanding of dry needling, and it carries not spiritual “baggage” as acupuncture may do.
Dry Needling becomes more and more popular all over the world. Don´t get left behind and learn this progressive technique!
For more information about Dry Needling, click here.
A Club Physio Dry Needling Courses registration includes:
• All supplies needed for the course as needles, tissues
• Coloured and illustrated course manual
• Tea, Coffee and Lunch on each day
• Certificate of attendance in a digital form
• One free premium listing of your practice on our website
Audience; Healthcare professionals who manage patients / clients / athletes and for whom dry neelding is in your scope of practice ie physiotherapists, Doctors, Chiropractors, osteopaths, dentists, nurses, OT’s, specialists.
Snacks: Teas / coffees and a light meal will be provided.
Clothing: Comfortable adn accessible shorts, tops / skirts.
Material: You will receive a course manual and free practice needles.
What to bring; the items listed in the pre course email to be sent out once you are booked on the course
Other Info: You will be asked to fill out an evaluation form and receive a signed certificate via email after the course.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
Day 1: 3-9pm
Day 2: 8-5pm
Day 3: 8-5pm
Bookings are closed for this event.