THE PHYSIO FLOSSING COURSE, with Beatrix Baumgartner – Cape Town ; 24 October 2017
Course times: 8:30am – 5pm
- Developed by physiotherapist and crossfitness-trainer Dr. Kelly Starrett,
- Constistent further development of the method by Sascha Seifert and Dominik Suslik in co-operation with famous lecturers from competitive sport and therapy and Ludwig Artzt ltd.
- Systematic application of the flossing band according to therapeutic principles from physiotherapy and osteopathy in connection with functional and Athletic training
- Compression based techniques with an elastic latex band, the so-called flossing band
The training method is based on compression- based techniques with the flossing band, which is wrapped around joints and tissue.
The Physio Flossing concept works with muscle-dynamic exercises such as swinging and fascia training particularly in the area of joint mechanics and tissue sliding capacity. In this seminar we show you how to recognize restraints of mobility and to work with the Flossing technique.The motto is:” Optimization through compression!”
Vitality stands for agility and dynamic training. Flossing is the use of elastic bands, which are wrapped circularly around joints and tissues. The American Physical Therapy and Cross-fitness trainer Dr. Kelly Starrett originally developed Flossing. Sascha Seifert (German Physical Therapist, Osteopath and natural health professional) and Dominik Suslik (German Sport Scientist and Athletic Trainer) have been consistently enhanced this method in collaboration with renowned speakers from competitive sports and therapy and the Ludwig Artzt GmbH.
The training method is based on compression-based techniques with an elastic latex band, the Flossband. This will find systematic application to therapeutic principles of the osteopathy and physiotherapy, in conjunction with the Functional and the Athletic Training.
ThePhysio Flossing concept is based not only on muscular dynamics such as oscillation, swing and fascia training, but especially on joint mechanics and tissue sliding. The daily seminar includes the following:
Block I Introduction to Physio Flossing
Block II Flossing-Techniques: Lower Extremity
Joints (ankel, knee, hip) and tissue (calf, thigh)
Block III Flossing-Techniques: Upper Extremity
Joints (hand, elbow, shoulder) und tissue (forearm, upper arm)/ special: thorax
Block IV Cross Mobility – Active and passive mobility techniques with and without tools.
Swing, traction, gapping, compression, neuro-drills
The Flossing band
Available in three lengths and colors:
2.0 m x 5.5 cm green
2.5 m x 5.5 cm blue
5.0 m x 5.5 cm black
A Club Physio Courses registration includes:
• Most supplies needed for the course as suggested by the instructor; you may be requested to bring along some equipment needed for the course and in your clinic thereafter.
• An electronic course manual (you can choose to print it out or save and bring it along on your laptop / tablet; please bring extra writing paper should you wish to make extra notes;
• Tea / coffee / snacks on each day;
• A signed certificate of attendance.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- 8:30am – 5:00pm
“Fast reduction of muscular problems, also in the long term.“
Jan Grieshammer, Sport scientist and Athletik trainer, FIT TEAM Chemnitz
“Immediately after rough games we use the Flossing band in order to wrap injured body parts, which brings instant relief and a more comfortable body feeling .”
Kai Häfner & Erik Schmidt, handball European Champion 2016
“I don´t wanna miss Flossing in daily use, be it to compensate mobility restraints, after acute injuries or as a regenerative measure.”
Philipp Konnerth, sport scientist & Athletik trainer, Olympia Centre Vorarlberg
“In my practice I use the Flossing band every day in my care for patients and sportsmen, as well after injuries as for faster regeneration.”
Beatrix Baumgartner, MSPhT, Fascia Center Vienna
Bookings are closed for this event.
[userpro_loggedin] Share this course with your friends or colleagues!