Date of Course:
10 Nov 2017 - 11 Nov 2017
KINESIOLOGY TAPING COURSE; Jo’burg; 10-11 November 2017; Places still available.
Course times : 1pm – 7pm on day 1 and 8:30 to 4.30pm
Click here to view the video.
Kinesiology Taping gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. It is also used for Preventive Maintenance, Edema, and Pain Management.
Kinesiology Taping is a technique based on the body’s own natural healing process. Kinesiology Tape exhibits its efficacy through the activation of neurological and circulatory systems. Muscles are not only attributed to the movements of the body but also control the circulation of venous and lymph flow mechanisms, body temperature, etc. Therefore, the failure of the muscles to function properly induces various kinds of symptoms.
equently, so much attention was given to the importance of muscle function that the idea of treating the muscles in order to activate the body’s own healing process came about. It was discovered that by using an elastic tape, muscles and other tissues could be helped by outside assistance. Employment of Kinesiology Taping creates a totally new approach to treating nerves, muscles and other organs.
Today, Kinesiology Taping is accepted by medical practitioners and athletes al oer the world and is sued in most sports such as football, rugby, athletics, tennis, basketball, volleyball etc etc.
Kinesiology Tape is used for anything from headaches to foot problems and everything in between. Examples include: muscular facilitation or inhibition in pediatric patients, carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back strain/pain (subluxations, herniated disc), knee conditions, shoulder conditions, hamstring, groin injury, rotator cuff injury, whiplash, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, patella tracking, pre and post surgical edema, ankle sprains, athletic preventative injury method, and as a support method.
· This Official Club Physio Kinesiology taping workshop will present the theoretical model and the practical techniques for the screening and application of Kinesiology Uape in the management of upper and lower limb extremities.
· Kinesiology Taping is a hypoallergenic adhesive tape that helps to alleviate pain, improve function and enhance performance by direct application to the underlying fascia, muscumo-skeletal and lymphatic system.
· Participants will receive a signed course certificate, practice tape, 1 free roll of take-home tape and Kinesiology taping manual and the opportunity to buy Kinesiology Tape at discounted course prices.
Introduction and Clinical Application;
o History and Introduction to Kinesiology Taping Concepts;
o Benefits and Limitations of Kinesiology Taping;
o Application techniques of how the tape us cut, applied, stretch properties, preparation, maintenance etc.
o Introduction to Corrective Techniques for mechanical and functional Correction, Fascial, Ligamentous, Muscle-Tendon Unit, Lymphatics, and for regional areas such as the shoulder, cervical, thoracic and lower back, hip and glutes, thigh, calf, foot and ankle, elbow, forearm and wrist, etc. etc.
Advanced Clinical Application
o Fundamentals of care using Kinesiology Tape during injury;
o Treatment & training concepts for the athlete ;
o Corrective techniques for various conditions for eg; Impingement Syndrome; Shoulder Bursitis and Instability; Biceps Tendonitis; Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis; Elbow Hyperextension & Olecranon Bursitis; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; Lumbar Spine Syndromes; Hip Bursitis; Patellar Tracking Syndrome; IT Band Syndrome; Hamstring Strain; Sports Related Injuries to the Ankle/Foot; Shin Splints; Achilles Tendonosis; Ankle Sprain; Plantar Fascitis; Turf Toe etc.
o Myofascial release
o Rehabilitation and stretching techniques utilising Kinesiology Tape.
Course length; 2 days
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary
materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- Day 1: 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- Day 2: 8:30am – 4:30pm