DATES POSTPONED FROM MARCH TO APRIL
NEUROMUSCULAR CONDITIONING FOR REHABILITATION COURSE; INCORPORATING SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES TO ENHANCE OUTCOMES; Gulfair Club, Manama, Bahrain – With Dr Claire Minshull
13-16 April 2018
Course times : 8.30 AM ; 4.30PM
CPD point; 10 points by NHRA and Supported by Tamkeen fully 100% for Bahraini private sector only
Components and determinants of neuromuscular activation
Essential components of muscle function for dynamic joint stability (time frame for injury)
Defining muscle performance: strength; endurance; power
How to really rehabilitate strength
Programme design and delivery
Specificity; ensuring the desired stimulus-response
Overload and progression
Day 2 ***
Programme design and delivery
Programme design, assessment for progression
Rehabilitation of specific components of muscle function (activation, strength, speed of force production)
Circumventing pain and inhibition
Establishing a hierarchy of importance for rehabilitation based on population, function and goals
Capacity vs capability – how full is the tank (capacity) and can we access it all (capability)
*** involves practical work in a gym setting
• Expansion of knowledge on detailed aspects of neuromuscular function;
• Key principles that drive adaptation and thus recovery (contractile and non-contractile tissue);
• Develop immediately deployable skills and techniques to enhance clinical rehabilitation practice and the subtle, but important changes that can translate into big gains for patients;
• Design of resistance-based rehabilitation interventions to promote progressive and long-term gains separately for indices of muscle activation, force production and strength;
• Detailed appreciation of contemporary issues in scientific research and how to apply the concepts of cross-education and non-concurrent training to rehabilitation to enhance outcomes;
• Practical programme design and evaluation and assessment.
This course is perfect for you if you work with athletes / clients and incorporate athletic rehabilitation into your clinical work.
Scope of practice; Physiotherapists, sports trainers and rehabilitators, personal trainers, osteopaths, chiropractors, sports therapists; upper and lower limb specialists.
Claire has worked in the field of sports medicine for 20 years as a Senior Lecturer, Researcher, Consultant and as a Practitioner. She has designed, led and managed major clinical and non-clinical research trials, supervised several PhD students, and has published over 30 research papers in leading peer- reviewed sports medicine journals. She is regularly invited to speak at national and international academic and professional symposia, writes for sports magazines and, serves as expert reviewer for several scientific sports medicine and physiology peer- reviewed journals.
Claire’s research and teaching interests include the influences of exercise, training and rehabilitation on dynamic joint stability, neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and psychobiological performance. Her work also focuses on assessing neuromuscular function optimally and developing specialised rehabilitation protocols for enhancing functional and performance. Claire’s area of expertise means that she uniquely spans the gap between the physiology of conditioning and physiotherapeutic rehabilitation
You will be awarded a Certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
A Club Physio Courses registration includes:
• Most supplies needed for the course as suggested by the instructor; you may be requested to bring along some equipment needed for the course and in your clinic thereafter.
• An electronic course manual (you can choose to print it out or save and bring it along on your laptop / tablet; please bring extra writing paper should you wish to make extra notes;
• Tea / coffee / snacks on each day;
• A signed certificate of attendance.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – PS; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Ooce you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- day 1&2: 8.30 AM ; 4.30 PM
Bookings are closed for this event.