NEUROLYMPHATIC DISORDERS – A New Manual Therapy for ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia (FMS) and Long-COVID with Dr Raymond Perrin; Cape Town; 12-14 April 2024
Course time : 8am – 5pm on all 3 days
Testimonial from previous attendee and Perrin Technique certified practitioner;
I trained with Dr Perrin in 2017. The Perrin Technique which incorporates lymphatic drainage and spinal mobility as well as a holistic wellness approach has been a successful tool for treating ME/Chronic Fatigue and fibromyalgia. I was able to diagnose and treat my own 16 year old daughter who managed to pass matric the following year. The Perrin Technique gives patients back their lives often after years of being labeled as malingering, lazy or depressed. I will be assisting Dr Perrin on the course in Jhb and CT.
NEUROLYMPHATIC DISORDERS – A New Manual Therapy for ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia (FMS) and Long-COVID – Cape Town with award winning Osteopath Dr Raymond Perrin.
Manchester based osteopath and neuroscientist Dr Raymond Perrin DO PhD won the Research and Practice Award given by the Institute of Osteopathy in their first ever national awards ceremony held at their Annual convention in Egham, Surrey, Nov 2016. Dr Perrin was the recipient of the award given for his 26 years research into the physical diagnosis and treatment of CFS/ME and fibromyalgia which is now the subject of a new NHS research trial at Wrightington Hospital in Cheshire.
US scientists finally have shown neurolymphatic drainage in human brains. The Perrin technique is still the only research based, tried and tested treatment for a disturbed neurolymphatic drainage system and had been used successfully for 28 years. Learn this technique next month with the developer of this treatment and diagnostic protocol Dr Ray Perrin.
Hot off the press – https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-researchers-uncover-drain-pipes-our-brains.
This 3 day workshop will include the anatomical and physiological background to Dr Perrin’s method of diagnosis and treatment of CFS/ME incorporating hands-on examinations of patients and practical demonstrations of diagnosis and manual therapy treatments.
The practitioner will be trained to a level proficient enough to manage CFS/ME patients in their practice.
The Perrin Technique™ is based on Dr Perrin’s theory that different stress factors, whether physical, allergenic, emotional or infectious lead to an over-strain of the sympathetic nervous system with a resultant build up of toxins in the fluid around the brain and the spinal cord. Some of the poisons caused by infection or inflammation in the head or spine flow through perforations in the cribriform plate just above the nasal sinuses into the lymph ducts of the face and neck. The toxins are also meant to drain down the spinal cord and out into the lymph ducts lying along the spine. In a CFS/ME sufferer these normal drainage points are congested.
Dr Perrin has discovered definite physical signs common to all CFS/ME sufferers and has thus developed a physical examination with a definite diagnosis and a manual treatment technique that stimulates the fluid motion around the brain and spinal cord whereby eventually the sympathetic nervous system begins to function correctly and patient symptoms improve.
This brand new course in South Africa is a must for all physios, chiros, osteos and manual therapists who want to add manual therapy techniques to treat patients who suffer from ME / CFS.
All practitioners should have a basic working knowledge of cranio-sacral techniques (but this is not absolute) and having hands on clinical experience of at least a year in practice is also helpful.
The planned 3 day workshop is accredited in the UK with CPD from the General Osteopathic Council and has received accreditation for 13 hrs CME in the USA with the AOA and 21 Ceu’s being applied for in South Africa in 2013.
It fulfils the seven core CME competencies required by the American Osteopath Association:
1. Osteopathic Philosophy/Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine – The Perrin Technique is entirely based on the application and the teaching of knowledge of accepted standards in osteopathic manipulative treatment appropriate to the treatment of CFS/ME , CFIDS and fibromyalgia. Future planned refresher workshops and newsletters will ensure that the practitioners remain updated with the latest developments in the field of CFS/ME.
2. Medical Knowledge – The workshop will amply demonstrate and apply knowledge of accepted standards of clinical medicine with the other current treatments being examined and discussed.
3. Patient Care – There will be hands on practical teaching of the physical examination and treatment of CFS/ME and fibromyalgia. By the end of the workshop, delegates will have been taught and be required to demonstrate the ability to effectively treat patients and provide medical care that incorporates the osteopathic philosophy, patient empathy, awareness of behavioral issues, the incorporation of preventive medicine and health promotion.
4. Interpersonal and Communication Skills – This is so important in the field of CFS/ME and fibromyalgia. The workshop will show how by explanation of what we now know to be occurring with this disease interpersonal and communication skills enable a physician to establish and maintain a much better professional relationships with patients, families, and other members of health care teams.
5. Professionalism – The workshop will go through the case studies of a variety of the hundreds of CFS/ME and fibromyalgia patients treated by Dr Perrin and will emphasize the practitioner be cognizant of physical and mental health in order to effectively care for patients.
6. Practice-Based Learning and Improvement – The entire 2 day workshop will be dedicated to demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate methods of clinical practice, integrate evidence based medicine into patient care. The previous and present research trials undertaken by Dr Perrin with leading scientists from some of the top universities in the UK will be discussed.
7. Systems-Based Practice – this is covered in day 2 of the workshop which will be practically based showing the delegates how to provide effective and qualitative patient care practice cost effective medicine to improve the quality of life in patients with CFS/ME and Fibromyalgia.
These treatments have proved highly effective in mitigating the more severe symptoms edured by our daughter. We are convinced that Dr Perrin provides the surest route to a successful outcome.
Mr and Mrs A, Lincolnshire, UK.
Dr Perrin’s treatment alleviates my symptoms and gives me the boost I need to live a more or less normal life.
Mrs J C. Huddersfield, UK
I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Dr Perrin and his work to any ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Mrs L W. Preston, UK
Dr Perrin has devoted the last 25 years of his life to drive forwards his work to help people who suffer CFS/ME. He is also standard bearer for the osteopathic profession in that his research is conjunction with the National Health Service.
L.B. Registered Osteopath, County Durham.
I am very thankful to Raymond and his team for all the help and the support they have given me and can honestly say without the Perrin Clinic I don.t know where I would be today.
Mrs K F. Manchester, UK
By the time I came to be treated by Dr Perrin I had been suffering for most of my life. From the age of five I had been plagued by the symptoms of severe M.E and without Dr Perrin’s help I would have been faced with a life of illness and pain, if any life at all. I owe my life to Dr Perrin and the treatment he created.
Mrs J B Lancashire, UK
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
8am – 5pm on all 3 days
Log in if you already have an account with us.
[userpro_loggedin] Share this course with your friends or colleagues!