THE MULLIGAN LOWER QUADRANT COURSE with Geoff Foat; Cape Town, 11-12 November 2017
Course times : day 1 registration is from 8.30am and the course runs from 9am – 6pm on day 1 and 8am – 4pm on day 2
CPD POINTS – 14 CPD POINTS
This is the Lower Quadrant course in the Mulligan Concept of mobilization, one of three courses offered under the Mulligan Concept Teacher’s Association. The remaining courses include: Upper Quadrant and Advance Course. The UQ, LQ and FU courses are required for eligibility to sit for the Certified Mulligan Practitioner (CMP) exam – see www.bmulligan.com for upcoming exams. This manual therapy approach, developed by New Zealand physiotherapist, Brian R. Mulligan, F.N.Z.S.P., Dip. M.T., has clinical application to extremity and spinal joint dysfunction, principally utilizing the concept of Mobilization with Movement (MWM). This is an innovative approach in the field of physical therapy, growing in popularity because of its success, broad application, and relative ease with which it applied and evaluated for efficacy. The skills taught in this course have immediate clinical application.
Learning outcomes: At the end of this course, participants will:-
• Be able to describe the tenets of the Mulligan Concept
• Have the guidelines necessary to apply, when indicated, painless techniques to improve neuromuscular and joint function
• Display enhanced handling skills specific to techniques presented in the 5th edition of the textbook.
• The ability to integrate the Mulligan Concept into the evaluative process
• At the end of each day, course participants may be required to demonstrate at least one technique in front of the class. This is a group learning experience.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- Course times : day 1 registration is from 8.30am and the course runs from 9am – 6pm on day 1 and 8am – 4pm on day 2
Bookings are closed for this event.