THE PSOAS ONLINE COURSE: A Relational Regional Approach incl the Diaphragm, Spine, Thorax & Pelvis – WITH STEVEN GOLDSTEIN – via zoom meeting.
Join Steven Goldstein as he presents the relational aspect of working with the Psoas. Key to this is its relationship with the diaphragm as it needs to be viewed as an essential relation. Also treatment of the spine, thorax and pelvis are viewed as essential for optimal psoas functioning and understanding the effects that breathing has on this dynamic relationship.
Live stream time; Saturday 1st April from 8am – 11am South African time – please check your own local time.
Steve Goldstein Past Pax Feedback;
THE PSOAS ONLINE COURSE: A Relational Regional Approach incl the Diaphragm, Spine, Thorax & Pelvis – WITH STEVEN GOLDSTEIN – via zoom meeting;
The Diaphragm Part 1
• Diaphragm anatomy
• Diaphragmic motion
• Inter Abdominal Pressure
• Survey of various authors approach to the diaphragm
• Phrenic and Vagus nerve
• Manual therapy evaluation of the diaphragm
• Postural Restoration Institutes Approach
o Polyarticular chains
o The zone of apposition
o Breathing exercises and approaches
• Soft-tissue techniques for the diaphragm
• Myofascial Line Approaches
• Diaphragmic Releases: Myofascial and Visceral
Diaphragm and Psoas Part 2
• Bodywork Philosophy
• Emotions and the Diaphragm
• Breathing Methods and Modalities
o Wim Hof
The Psoas Complex
• Psoas anatomy
• Psoas muscle variants
• Liz Koch Core Awareness
• Ray Long: Yoga Poses
• Constructive rest position
• Muscolino: Palpation and Technique
• Tom Myers on the Psoas
• Considerations for Treatment
• Myers approach: Fans of the Hip Joint
At the end of this lecture, participants should be able to:
• Have abroad based understanding of diaphragm anatomy
• Have a brief introduction to PRI’s material on ‘polyarticular chains’ and the ‘zone of apposition’.
• Have exposure to various breathing exercises to enhance diaphragm function
• Positional considerations for treatment of the psoas
• Soft-tissue techniques for releasing the diaphragm, psoas, illiacus and pectineus.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Saturday 1st April from 8am – 11am South African time – please check your own local time.
Log in if you already have an account with us.