Date of Course:
02 Nov 2021
THE THORACIC SPINE IN MOTION – with Tanya Thompson; via zoom meeting; A Live stream course
02 November 2021 from 9am – 11am South African time – please check your own local time.
THE THORACIC SPINE IN MOTION – with Tanya Thompson; via zoom meeting
Our Vitality can be gauged by our ability to move freely and effortlessly. As we age, we require our Thoracic Spine to maintain our Torso posture and it has to enable us to move efficiently for our functional movements. Looking at the ageing effects on the spine, we need the ability to maintain a neutral thoracic spine for as long as we possibly can. But the current state of the ‘Thoracic Spine’ is affecting people of all ages and this needs to be addressed immediately if we are to change the way the youth and the adults age.
In this course, we are going to look at effective ways to ensure that the thoracic spine maintains or regains its mobility and strength. We will demonstrate exercises and movements that will leave your patients feeling invigorated after their sessions with you.
- The health care professional will be able to assess their client thoracic spine resting position
- They will learn the effects of the flexibility of the abdominals on the thoracic spine mobility and efficiency
- They will have a better understanding of client specific ability of extension and rotation
- They will be able to assess the effect of the cervical spine on the thoracic ability
- They will learn how the anterior torso, particularly Pectorals play a huge role in thoracic mobility
- They will learn how to incorporate isometric and isotonic training for effect Thoracic spine health
- They will learn various exercises that target the thoracic spine as well as how to avoid common thoracic training compensations.
- Attendance to an online course
- Duration 2 hours
- Thoracic spine resting position
- Biomechanics of the upper torso for effective thoracic spine health
- Restrictions of the upper torso that hinders thoracic spine health
- Exercises that promote thoracic spine mobility and strength
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Live stream time; Tuesday 02 November 2021 from 9am – 12pm South African time – please check your own local time.