UNDERSTANDING AND HELPING LONG-COVID – with Dr Raymond Perrin DO, Phd – via zoom meeting; Live stream 2nd October 2021.
Please note course times – Saturday 2nd October 2021 8am – 12pm South African time.
Dr Raymond Perrin DO, PhD.
Registered Osteopath, Neuroscientist.
Specialist in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME.
Hon. Clinical Research Fellow
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
The University of Manchester, UK
Dr Perrin’s research into Post viral fatigue syndrome AKA ME/CFS 1989. In July 2005 he received a doctorate from the university of Salford, UK for his thesis on the involvement of cerebrospinal fluid and lymphatic drainage in ME/CFS.
Since 2007, he has continued post-doc research as Honorary Senior lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire, UK, and Honorary Clinical Research Fellow in The Faculty of Biology, Medicine & Health at The University of Manchester. One of the leading medical faculties in the UK.
He has been a member of the scientific committee for the World Congress on Neurobiology and Psychopharmacology and is research director of a national ME research charity.
In 2015 he was the proud winner of the inaugural Research and Practice Award from the Institute of Osteopathy in the UK
In a study between 2015-16 he was chief investigator of joint UCLan & NHS research project: Examining the accuracy of a physical diagnostic technique for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, REC reference number 12/NW/0877. The results were published in the BMJ open in 2017.
In 2015 he joined the international faculty of the German School of Osteopathy. He has lectured internationally and in the UK to patient groups and medical professionals on the diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia/FMS having run workshops throughout Europe, the USA , South Africa, Russia and Canada.
He has published ME/CFS research papers in major medical journals and his book, The Perrin Technique: How to beat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. was published in 2007.
His new Book The Perrin Technique 2nd Edition How to diagnose and Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME and Fibromyalgia via the lymphatic drainage of the brain was published in March of this year. (Available from all good book supplies).
POST COVID-19 ONLINE COURSE: UNDERSTANDING AND HELPING POST VIRAL FATIGUE SYNDROME – via zoom meeting
This online seminar is designed for any practitioner interested in diagnosing and helping patients who have survived COVID-19 but suffering with Post-Viral Fatigue related symptoms plus organ dysfunction.
In this online seminar Dr Perrin will show how his model explains the pathological dysfunction of the neuro-lymphatic system in Post Covid-19 syndrome (AKA Long-COVID)..
Dr Perrin will show that this is not a new disease and how post viral fatigue syndrome better known as ME/CFS affects millions of people all over the world and will inevitably be more present than ever in our clinical lives following the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Different diagnostic and treatment techniques will be discussed.
ONLINE SEMINAR OBJECTIVES:
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiological mechanisms that lead to Long-COVID.
- Be able to identify aetiological and maintaining factors that may have predisposed the patient and increased their susceptibility to develop Long-COVID.
- Increase the knowledge of the treatment protocols available to help with Long-COVID
1.5 hrs The pathogenesis of Long-COVID
1 hr Diagnosis of Long-COVID.
1.5 hrs Treating Long-COVID
TAKE HOME MESSAGE: In these unprecedented times from what we know from previous outbreaks of corona virus one thing for sure will occur….and it is happening already. A large number of the survivors will develop post viral symptoms mostly affecting the nervous system. Learn using manual techniques how to identify and help these patients improve their health Long-COVID.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Course times: 8am-12pm South African time.
Bookings are closed for this event.