ACHILLES TENDON INJURY REHABILITATION – Load to withstand load – with Arnold Vlok – via zoom meeting – 14 October 2023
The optimal rehabilitation is not known and most patients treated for Achilles tendon rupture/injury still have functional deficits 1 or 2 years after the injury, regardless of whether the treatment was surgical or nonsurgical. Therefore this workshop will focus on building the Achilles tendon up from ground zero to full functionality while still considering the demand on the tendon.
Join Arnold as he takes you through the optimal rehabilitation protocols for Achilles tendon rupture/injury.
Live stream times; 8am – 11am South African time – please check your own local times.
ACHILLES TENDON INJURY REHABILITATION – Load to withstand load – with Arnold Vlok – via zoom meeting.
The aim of this webinar is to implement evidenced based medicine exercise treatment for Achilles tendon injured patients.
Outline of workshop:
• Start the rehabilitation process with the end in mind;
• Understanding the concept of Achilles tendon tissue capacity vs load demand;
• Achilles tendon injury treatment – surgical vs conservative;
• Functional load performance of the Achilles tendon during different exercises;
• Pathophysiology and the effect of it on function after Achilles tendon injury;
• The continuum of exercise selection to improve tendon capacity;
• Building strength and power back into the tendon (Practical);
• Let the data do the talking | return to sport decision making.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Live stream time; 8am – 11am South African time; – please check your own local times
Bookings are closed for this event.
[userpro_loggedin] Share this course with your friends or colleagues!