Date of Course:
12 Jun 2021
COMMON BLADDER ISSUES AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM – A MASTERCLASS WITH CORINA AVNI – via zoom meeting; A Live stream course
with Corina Avni
Live stream time; Saturday 12th June 2021 from 8.30am – 11.30am South African time – please check your own local time.
Corina Avni Past Pax Feedback;
I thoroughly enjoyed Corina’s Womens Health Concepts course! It’s a great starting point for anyone wanting to start working in WH. Corina is an animated, enthusiastic and knowledgeable presenter. Her deep understanding and passion for women’s health is obvious. She has a knack for making complicated concepts understandable. Thanks to her and Club Physio for keeping us learning during lockdown! I’m excited to learn more and am looking forward to doing some face to face women’s health courses post-covid19 – Claire
The Club-Physio Course by Corina Avni on Concepts in Pelvic Function and Women’s Health was absolutely incredible. Corina has such a beautiful way of simplifying and explaining concepts ensuring you will never forget what you have learnt. The course covered many various aspects of pelvic function and really broadened my knowledge. Thank you for producing such an amazing course and presenting it with such passion – Kara
It was great to have the opportunity to meet Corina in this online women’s health course. With a lot of irreverence she’s able to simplify and transmit her excellent knowledge in this field of physio, making you more and more interested in the topic! – Priscilla
To be honest this was my first online course . I am looking forward to taking more online women’s health courses. The experience of this class has been nothing but positive 😊 The course was everything you said it would be Corina – it was really fortunate for me to meet you through this course. Thanks Club physio. Shagufta
COMMON BLADDER ISSUES AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM – A MASTERCLASS WITH CORINA AVNI – via zoom meeting;
We will take a trip through the life of a bladder, making sure everything that could go wrong does.
We begin in utero, and follow the life of The Bladder through all the usual issues – from nappies in infancy through bed wetting, to other forms of incontinence and the Life Events responsible. We are not only interested in issues of storage (leaking), we also concern ourselves with not being able to empty (residuals, infections and of course – more leaking!!). We deconstruct how the approach to bladder management has shifted over time, paying attention to i. structural disorders and ii. irritative disorders.
A framework of anatomy, physiology & neurophysiology, and pathology allows us to explore different bladder presentations and select appropriate management strategies.
Rather than applying protocols, we will apply our minds to the full range of urinary dysfunction.
• to review anatomy and physiology of the urinary tract and associated structures including pelvic floor muscles and connective tissue
• become best buddies with your bladder
• to appreciate the cascade of events involved in normal bladder filling/ emptying
• appreciate the impact of Life Events on normal function
• to differentiate between symptoms and systems
• to list at least 5 types of urinary incontinence
• to list at least 5 different voiding dysfunctions
• to apply simple strategies of advice and education in the management of common bladder problems
Take home messages
1. Make friends with your own bladder and PFMs
2. Be aware of function under normal circumstances and under abnormal circumstances
3. Don’t treat the symptom, manage the system
4. Correct management lies in accurate diagnosis based on comprehensive questioning
5. Change someone’s relationship with the toilet, change their life!
10h00 Welcome and introduction
10h30 Physiology, including neurophysiology
11h15 Life events
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Saturday 12th June 2021 from 8.30am – 11.30am South African time – please check your own local time.