CORE CONNECTIONS – THE DIAPHRAGM AND ILIO-PSOAS AXIS – A MASTERCLASS WITH STEVEN GOLDSTEIN – via zoom meeting; A Live stream course
with Steven Goldstein
Live stream time; Sunday 9th Aug from 9.30am – 11.30am and Sunday 16th Aug from 9.30am -11.30am South African time – please check your own local time.
Steve Goldstein Past Pax Feedback;
CORE CONNECTIONS – THE DIAPHRAGM AND ILIO-PSOAS AXIS – A MASTERCLASS WITH STEVEN GOLDSTEIN – via zoom meeting;
Module 1 – The Diaphragm – 2 hours; 9.30am-11.30am SA time
· Diaphragm evolution
· Diaphragm anatomy
· Diaphragmic motion
· Inter Abdominal Pressure
· Survey of various authors approach to the diaphragm
· Phrenic and Vagus nerve
· Manual therapy evaluation of the diaphragm
· Postural Restoration Institutes Approach
o Polyarticular chains
o The zone of apposition
o Breathing exercises and approaches
· Soft-tissue techniques for the diaphragm
· Myofascial Line Approaches
· Diaphragmic Releases: Myofascial and Visceral
Module 2 – Diaphragm and Psoas – 2 hours;
· Bodywork Philosophy
· Emotions and the Diaphragm
· Breathing Methods and Modalities
o Wim Hof
The Psoas Complex
· Psoas anatomy
· Psoas muscle variants
· Liz Koch Core Awareness
· Ray Long: Yoga Poses
· Constructive rest position
· Muscolino: Palpation and Technique
· Tom Myers on the Psoas
· Considerations for Treatment
· Myers approach: Fans of the Hip Joint
At the end of this lecture, participants should be able to:
• Have abroad based understanding of diaphramic anatomy;
• Have a brief introduction to PRI’s material on ‘polyarticular chains’ and the ‘zone of apposition’.
• Have exposure to various breathing exercises to enhance diaphragm function;
• Positional considerations for treatment of the psoas;
• Soft-tissue techniques for releasing the diaphragm, psoas, illiacus and pectineus.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Sunday 9th Aug from 9.30am – 11.30am and Sunday 16th Aug from 9.30am -11.30am South African time – please check your own local time.
Bookings are closed for this event.