Date of Course:
15 Mar 2021
DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS OF UPPER EXTREMITY PATHOLOGIES AND SYMPTOMS COURSE – with Rina Pandya; via zoom meeting; A Live stream course
15 March 2021 from 4pm – 7pm South African time – please check your own local time.
This course is designed to be a handy resource and a quick guide for everyday clinical situations both for allied health professionals and medical professionals. The course material is detailed and presented with easy to understand facts about both MSK and systemic causes of UE pain.
Benefits to attending:
- Improve your ability to differentially diagnose cervical spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand conditions
- Review of anatomy and special tests.
- Learn about referred pain patterns and red flags
- Examples of Evidence based practice approaches
- Participate in Case studies / EBP
DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS OF UPPER EXTREMITY PATHOLOGIES AND SYMPTOMS COURSE – with Rina Pandya; via zoom meeting;
Physical Therapy is no longer limited to musculoskeletal system. With introduction of Direct access and privately owned PT clinics and telehealth, Therapists play an important role in screening other systems to refer patients to appropriate medical providers. The focus of this course is to differentiate between exclusive musculoskeletal origin or pain secondary to other systemic causes. This aids in providing effective timely treatment to the patient, identifying red flags thus saving time and resources.
About Rina Pandya:
Rina’s physical therapy career spans over 20 years, through UK, the USA and the Middle East. She has worked in nationalized healthcare, American health care and self pay services in acute care, in-patient rehab, skilled nursing facility, home healthcare and outpatient clinic. In addition to being a clinician she has developed specialty programs based on evidence based practice in her role as a project manager. She has also managed Physical Therapy department in capacity of Head of Department in premier private hospital in Oman.
Rina graduated from Manipal University, India in 2000 as well as University of Michigan, in 2018 with Doctor of Physical Therapy. She has also been an educator with Summit professional for Vestibular Therapy conducting live seminars. Rina is a member of APTA, HCPC-UK and OAP-Oman.
- Identify non-musculoskeletal causes of pain.
- Identify red flags and referred pain patterns.
- Identify when to refer to medical providers and perform screening of other systems.
- Review of common MSK diagnoses of cervical spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Review of special tests related to cervical spine, shoulder, elbow wrist and hand joints.
- Identifying red flags and referred pain patterns related to systemic causes of MSK pain.
- Differential diagnosis in detail.
- Case studies/ EBP
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Live stream time; monday 15th March 2021 from 4pm – 7pm South African time – please check your own local time.