Date of Course:
26 Oct 2021
THE POWER OF PILATES FOR REHAB – with Tanya Thompson; via zoom meeting; A Live stream course
26 October 2021 from 4pm – 6pm South African time – please check your own local time.
THE POWER OF PILATES FOR REHAB – with Tanya Thompson; via zoom meeting
Pilates has long since been a contender for effective rehabilitation. Due to this, its popularity has grown globally among health care professionals who are searching for an alternative form of rehab for their patients.
Not only is it effective as a whole but it offers the Health Care Professional a myriad of ideas when designing rehabilitation programs for their clients. What makes Pilates so incredible is its adaptability to any body type, any injury and any client type. Therefore, putting it at the forefront of all exercise types. It is kind to the body and when instructed correctly it can have long lasting positive effects on both the client’s body and mind.
But Pilates is not just about giving an exercise, it is about teaching an exercise, modifying an exercise to ensure that it is client specific and honing in on your own skill as a teacher to ensure that the true Pilates experience is achieved.
The essence of hip dissociation, shoulder stability and strength, spinal mobility and strength, full body coordination and so much more is easily achieved with the array of repertoire that it has to offer you and your patient.
Pilates + biomechanics is a match made in heaven and this is the exact approach that we take in this introductory course. This course is designed to ignite a new found interest in Pilates, to display its potential and to help you make better decisions when designing client programs for effective rehabilitation.
- The health care professional will have a deeper understanding of the benefit of Pilates
- They will learn how Pilates can be used to encourage effective hip dissociation
- They will learn how Pilates can be used to encourage effective hip strength
- They will learn how Pilates can be used to encourage effective body awareness
- They will learn how Pilates can be used to encourage effective shoulder stability and strength
- They will learn a series of exercises with their modifications and assists for various body types.
- Attendance to an online course
- Duration 2 hours
- The benefit of Pilates
- Effective hip dissociation
- Effective hip strength
- Effective body awareness
- Effective shoulder stability and strength
- Series of exercises with their modifications and assists for various body types.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Live stream time; Tuesday 26 October 2021 from 4pm – 6pm South African time – please check your own local time.