Date of Course:
10 Aug 2021 - 11 Aug 2021
THE TMJ AND SINUS PAIN COURSE – Jo’burg with Dr David Lintonbon; 10-11 August 2021 – dates confirmed
Course times : 1pm – 8pm on day 1 and 8.30am – 5pm on day 2.
TMJ AND SINUS PAIN COURSE
This course is aimed at developing a high level of integration of knowledge. Students will learn and refine manual therapy approaches to treating sinus headache, migraine and TMJ pain, taking into account all aspects of professional practice. Much of the learning would be through tutor-led group tutorial work for integration of learning and refinement of effective communication skills and developing the qualities of critical reflection and synthesis to a high level and consolidating their understanding and practice of osteopathy. Students will review the biomechanics of the head within this programme, in a fully integrated format, both in function and dysfunction, in order to consolidate understanding of the complex and inter-related nature of the structure and function of the human body. This programme will also provide an opportunity to look at the ranges of osteopathic management, including technique, lifestyle advice and referral mechanisms and how and when these may need to be altered.
Learning Outcomes: at the end of this TMJ & Sinus pain course students will be able to:
1) Perform competently a variety of manual therapy techniques and be able to design adaptations that are appropriate to the patient’s needs and justified by knowledge of the relevant principles.
2) Demonstrate a fully integrated knowledge of human facial biomechanics and how dysfunction in one area may lead to altered function elsewhere in the body.
3) Integrate current models of healthcare in order to reach a diagnosis and an effective management programme for this patient.
4) Reflect on the relevance and nature of manual therapy intervention possibilities within a wide variety of clinical presentations in relation to sinus headache, migraine and the TMJ.
5) Evaluate the patient – practitioner relationship, and the importance of the responsibilities implicit in the relationship
Teaching, Learning Methods & Delivery
Small group discussions, supervised practical sessions, lectures, powerpoint
This course has been taught to the following colleges, groups and hospitals:
• Beacon Hospital PT Dept, Dublin
• spire Shawcross Hospital PT Dept, Edinburgh
• NHS Hospital PT and Rehab Dept, Hemel Hempsted
• Private courses in Cape Town and Jo’burg, South Africa
• British School of Osteopathy
• London School of Osteopathy
• NESCOT (Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine)
• Physical Therapy Association of Latvia
• CRESO Ancona Italy
• ICOM Italy
• Japanese School of Osteopathy Tokyo
• UK Association of Osteomyologists
• Teaching CPD courses in UK for 20 years.
On completion of the course you will be able to competently and safely assess and treat the TM joint and associated facial structures with manual therapy techniques.
You will be awarded a Certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
A Club Physio Courses registration includes:
• Most supplies needed for the course as suggested by the instructor; you may be requested to bring along some equipment needed for the course and in your clinic thereafter.
• An electronic course manual (you can choose to print it out or save and bring it along on your laptop / tablet; please bring extra writing paper should you wish to make extra notes;
• Tea / coffee / snacks on each day;
• A signed certificate of attendance.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – PS; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- Course times : 1pm – 8pm on day 1 and 8.30am – 5pm on day 2.
“David Lintonbon is very well respected in the osteopathic field for his work. David has been instrumental in teaching students of osteopathy and practitioners of osteopathy in the science (and art) of osteopathic manipulative techniques both in the UK and abroad. In this book he uses his extensive teaching and clinical experiences to guide the reader through their learning and development of ideas and techniques. The book is illustrated throughout with high quality pictures showing technique positions and clear and understandable descriptions. The book is designed for students of osteopathy (but would be equally valuable to student chiropractors and physiotherapists) and should be an essential core book for study. As a teacher of osteopathic technique (and a former student of his at The British School of Osteopathy) I would highly recommend this book to anyone in the field of osteopathy and manipulative therapies.”
Simon N Chafer B.Sc.(Hons), B.Ost., Pg.Cert.Ed., M.Ed.
Senior lecturer & clinic tutor
The London School of Osteopathy, UK
“As a student of the Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine I was very lucky to have David as one of my technique lecturers and clinic tutors in my second year. David’s hands-on explanation of how each technique helped to relieve certain structural disorders really helped kinaesthetic learners such as myself. A structural osteopathy expert at the top of his game and his &;Art of HVT’ DVD has helped to remind me of techniques that I may need but have not used in a long time. On top of that, a genuinely nice bloke who is approachable and takes the time to listen to your concerns, everything a good teacher should be.”
“A fun, informative and integrated approach to a range of useful techniques. I would highly recommend this course to any manual therapist.”
“Great course and presenter. Explained and demonstrated techniques clearly with continuous feedback throughout. Very practical course, we would return to priority componets / techniques throughout the weekend, allowing time away to consolidate then readminister newly learnt skills. My patients will definitely benefit from these more comfortable and localised manipulations of the spine.”
Tim Allardyce MSc Physiotherapy, BSc (Hons) Osteopathy, MSCP, HCPC Registered
“A very practical course, with a high level of new approaches to conduct the assessment and treatment of the patient. Very impressed. Would recommend to everyone.”
Emiliano Zanier, DOm ROI