TMJ AND SINUS PAIN COURSE with David Lintonbon; Beacon Hospital, Dublin, Ireland; 15-16 September 2018
Course times : day 1; 4pm – 8pm; days 2 and 3; 8am – 5pm
Course registration on day 1 is 3.30pm
TMJ AND SINUS PAIN COURSE
This course is aimed at developing a high level of integration of knowledge. Students will learn and refine manual osteopathic approaches to treating sinus headache, migraine and TMJ pain, taking into account all aspects of professional practice. Much of the learning would be through tutor-led group tutorial work for integration of learning and refinement of effective communication skills and developing the qualities of critical reflection and synthesis to a high level and consolidating their understanding and practice of osteopathy. Students will review the biomechanics of the head within this programme, in a fully integrated format, both in function and dysfunction, in order to consolidate understanding of the complex and inter-related nature of the structure and function of the human body. This programme will also provide an opportunity to look at the ranges of osteopathic management, including technique, lifestyle advice and referral mechanisms and how and when these may need to be altered.
Learning Outcomes: at the end of this TMJ & Sinus pain course students will be able to:
1) Perform competently a variety of manual osteopathic techniques and be able to design adaptations that are appropriate to the patient’s needs and justified by knowledge of the relevant principles.
2) Demonstrate a fully integrated knowledge of human facial biomechanics and how dysfunction in one area may lead to altered function elsewhere in the body.
3) Integrate current models of healthcare in order to reach a diagnosis and an effective management programme for this patient.
4) Reflect on the relevance and nature of osteopathic intervention possibilities within a wide variety of clinical presentations in relation to sinus headache, migraine and the TMJ.
5) Evaluate the patient – practitioner relationship, and the importance of the responsibilities implicit in the relationship
Teaching, Learning Methods & Delivery
Small group discussions, supervised practical sessions, lectures, powerpoint
This course has been taught and many related subjects on osteopathic technique to the following colleges:
• British School of Osteopathy
• London School of Osteopathy
• NESCOT (Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine)
• Physical Therapy Association of Latvia
• CRESO Ancona Italy
• ICOM Italy
• Japanese School of Osteopathy Tokyo
• UK Association of Osteomyologists
• Teaching CPD courses in UK for 20 years
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this DN webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- Day 1: 4:00pm – 8:00pm
- Day 2: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Bookings are closed for this event.