Date of Course:
01 May 2021
USING THE POWER OF YOUR BRAIN AND YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM TO STOP STRESS IN ITS TRACKS – with Paula Nutting – via zoom meeting.
with Paula Nutting
-Why SHOULD the Brain be part of your treatment process?! Working with our nervous system linking the motor cortex, our autonomic nervous system, the brain stem and how they can empower perfect breathing or shut the body down completely. How to stop Stress in its tracks with 1 simple step! Not only by establishing the Relaxation Response but also by re-setting the vagal system, and discover some polyvagal treatments we can ALL use on ourselves and for our patients. We will work through the modulation systems of the midbrain and show some ways to jump start postural muscles and improve joint alignment issues. Learn what we therapists can do applying this information to help their clients.
Live stream times; 8am – 9.30am South African time 01 May 2021 – please check your own local times.
USING THE POWER OF YOUR BRAIN AND YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM TO STOP STRESS IN ITS TRACKS – with Paula Nutting – via zoom meeting
|Introduction to the Webinar topic expectations and questions.||Introduction overview and participants knowledge levels|
|Theory||· Links with the brain and respiration, voluntary and autonomic respiration and where they originate from.
· Stress statistics and the limbic system.
o Activity Gait with various mental imagery
|Theory||Stages of stress and how the mammalian brain compensated to this for efficient survival.
· Stress and defensive body patterning.
|Theory||Relaxation response, what it is and how it can improve the entire body when we look at the Anatomy Fascial Trains of Tom Myers.|
|Video demonstrations||Hip flexors affected with deep front line and stress.
Diaphragm testing and stimulation of the neurolymphatic points
Progressive overload exercises to improve the quality of the diaphragm strength.
|Theory||Hypoxia, posture and pain|
|Practical||Slouching and breathing, sit to stand in flexion.
Oxygen availability through various seated positions.
Why slouching is affecting brain health and overall performance.
Activity try breathing with various postures.
|Theory||Olfaction, 1st cranial nerve and stress.|
|Theory||Stress stages, limbic system, hierarchal social development.
The Vagal nerve and it’s influence on the body.
· Practical – resetting the vagus nerve with the eyes.
· Practical – reducing stress with soft tissue work on the ears.
|Practical||Testing the brains response to verbal commands
Outcomes on the soft tissue
Outcomes on the hormonal responses
|Recap and close|| Neurotransmitters.
|Q & A||20 minutes of questions and discussion.|
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘My Profile’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
Live stream time; 8am – 9.30am South African times; – please check your own local times