About Dry Needling Courses
Club Physio’s Dry Needling courses are approved or accredited in the following countries & states.
DN level 1; 21 ceu’s; plus 6 optional free ethics points (get all your ethics points for free on a club physio course)
DN level 2; 21 ceu’s; plus 6 optional free ethics points (get all your ethics points for free on a club physio course)
Dn level 1; 17.5 DHA points in 2017; D1=5.5, D2=6, D3=6
DHA accred number; 0603/17
DN level 2; 16.5 DHA points applied for in 2017
DN Level 1; 1.1 ce’s approved
DN Level 1; 21 Continuing Education Units
DN1&2 approval pending with the NHRA
Approval / Accreditation is not required in the following countries and you will receive 21 cpd hours on your attendance certificate.
The UK, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Slowenia, India, Kuwait, Romania, Pakistan and Portugal.
Dry Needling Courses & Levels:
Participants who complete the Dry Needling Level 1 ‘Intro’ course and Dry Needling Level 2 ‘Advanced’ course and pass the DN practitioner’s exam will be certified as a competent Dry Needling Practitioner by the DNI.
On the Dry Needling Level 1 course, you will learn to needle 70% of the bodies major muscles including the muscles of the buttocks, lower legs, upper limbs, Cervical and Lumbar spine and the shoulder girdle. You will be introduced to the principles, indications, contra-indications and safe dry needling techniques, trigger points and how they develop and are de-activated by DN. And yes! you can needle in your clinic / physio practice straight after the DN1 course.
On the Dry Needling Level 2 course, we will start with a full review of the DN1 course where you will practically demonstrate your needling techniques and then complete all the muscles not covered in the DN1 course; ie the hands and feet, the abdomen, head and neck, thorax and pelvic area. The DN2 course will also cover the clinical indications and how you would manage certain conditions with DN like tendinopathies, sports injuries, arthropathies, neuropathies, headaches and migraines, plantar fasciitis, achilles and patella tendon pain, sciatica and tennis elbow etc etc……. and provides a pathway for you to take the DN competency exam and certify as a DN Practitioner.
What previous participants said about Club physio courses:
“A really great course” – Anonymous
“Excellent venue, awesome instructor” – Tasneem
“Learned so much more than I expected, it was amazing, can’t wait to start practicing” – Shivani
“Very competent and light fun; nice vibe and good material, no waffling, Lekker!” – Anet
“The course and the instructor really did a good job and knows his stuff” – Lisa
“Very relaxed and easy way of lecturing, comfortable, patient” – Elna
“Well done, well organised, knowledge excellent” – Anonymous
“Great course that covers all basics” – Ashley
“Great practical component; fun course, very interesting and hands on; great venue” – Emma
DN Level 1 Course
The Dry Needling Level 1 course is made up of 3 days of theoretical and practical needling training.
Level 1 Course Outline
Day 1: The Lumbar Spine and Pelvis
Day 1 covers the ‘how to’ of Dry Needling, current myofascial and trigger point concepts and research, superficial and deep DN, complications, the pain gate theory and needle types and choices.
Participants will begin their needling in the relatively safe areas of the buttock and progress to the ITB, TFL and the lumbar spine.
- Muscle contraction and trigger points
- Referred pain and reactor type
- Clean and safe needling techniques;
- Dangers & contraindications;
- Informed consent and needle stick injuries;
- Superficial Dry Needling Techniques
- Deep Dry Needling techniques:
- Gluteus maximus, medius and minimus
- Piriformis, tensor fascia lata, iliopsoas.
- The lumbar spine; multifidus, quadratus lumborum and the erector spinae.
- Day 1 is the pre-requisite for days 2 and 3.
Level 1 Course Outline Day 2:
The Cervical Spine and Shoulder area
Day 2 gets you going! Having built up your needling confidence on day 1, we bring in the upper quarter to challenge your surface anatomy and palpation skills as you work around the Cervical spine, over the ribs and around the scapula and upper thorax. Knowledge of your surface and functional anatomy here is vital.
Myofascial sources of pain and dysfunction in the posterior cervical and shoulder area.
TP syndromes of the Cervical spioe;
Cervicogenic and analgesic headache.
Clinical application of MTrP release in the above areas will be discussed.
Dry Needling techniques for the posterior cervical region;
Dry Needling techniques for the traps, SCM, levator scapular, rhomboids, the rotator cuff, teres major, latisimuss dorsi and subscapularis.
Day 2 is the pre-requisite day 3.
Participants will be able to apply techniques they have learnt on the course immediately in their clinical situations for the areas they have learnt.
Level 1 Course Outline – Day 3;
The Orofascial area and the extremities
On day 3, we take a look at the temporomandibular area and move down the upper and lower limbs to the arm and forearm, thigh and lower legs. Deltoid, biceps, tricps, bracialis, brachioradialis, supinator, pronator terres, teh common flexors adn extensor muscles, the quadriceps group, sartorius, the adductor group, the hamstrings, popliteus, gastrocs and soleus, tibialis posterior, flexor digitorum and flexor hallicus longus, tibialis anterior, extensor digitorum and hallicus longus, peroneus longus and brevis.
Course duration: One day
Myofascial sources of pain and dysfunction around the TMJ area and the upper and lower limbs.
Needling techniques for the TMJ and surrounding muscles.
Needling techniques for the upper limb (deltoid, biceps, triceps, brachialis, brachioradialis, common extensors and flexors and more).
Needling techniques for the lower limb (quads, adductors, hamstrings, popliteus, gastrocs, soleus, tib ant and tib post and peroneals.
Day 3 is the final day for the Level 1 course.
Participants will be able to apply all the techniques they have learnt on this course immediately in their clinical situations.
Completion of the Level 1 course allows for admission to the advanced DN courses.
The Dry Needling Level 2 (DN2) course takes you to the next level in your journey using Dry Needling in your clinical practice and towards certifying as a dry needling practitioner.
Day 1 of the DN2 course provides a full theoretical and practical review of the basic DN info and techniques learned on DN1 course. You will be assessed practically and have to demonstrate your DN skills as part of your certification as a DN practitioner.
Day 2 completed all the muscles not covered in day 1 for example; the hands and feet, the abdomen, the head, neck and face, the deep groin and the thorax.
On day 3, we move into the clinical realm of dry needling incorporating your existing skills into treating more specific conditions by discussing patient presentation, differential diagnosis, pathology & treatment protocols for common conditions treated with dry needling.
You will learn by listening, discussing, practicing and dealing with specific clinical conditions like rotator cuff, cervical and sciatic neuropathies, groin and pelvic pain, tendinopathies, sports injuries, tennis elbow, pririformis, headaches and migraines, needling chronic conditions and combination treatments and more.
You will learn efficiency, ie how to use less needles & spend less time, how to needle chronic, advanced & complex areas like the face and TMJ, the deep neck and cranium, the pelvis and deep groin area, the chest, axilla, abdominals, deep muscle needling, aggressive needling for chronic muscle tears and other advanced needling protocols.
Pre-requisite for booking and attending the Level 2 DN course:
You must have completed the DN1 course (or an equivalent 3 day introductory dry needling course) and have be practicing DN in your clinical practice for a minimum of 3-6 months.
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2 - with Craig Smith; Dubai / Ajman, UAE - 23 Feb 2021 - 28 Feb 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1 with Craig Smith; Lisbon, Portugal - postponed to a future date in 2021 - PRIVATE - 05 Mar 2021 - 07 Mar 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1 with Craig Smith; Johannesburg - 26 Mar 2021 - 28 Mar 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2 with Hasan Alabdulali; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 30 Mar 2021 - 03 Apr 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2 - with Hasan Alabdulali; Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - 04 Apr 2021 - 08 Apr 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2 with Craig Smith; Vilnius, Lithuania - 14 Apr 2021 - 18 Apr 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1 with Craig Smith; Prague, Czech Republic - 20 Apr 2021 - 22 Apr 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1 with Craig Smith; Prague, Czech Republic - 23 Apr 2021 - 25 Apr 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2, Dublin - postponed to 2021 - new dates tbc - 24 Apr 2021 - 28 Apr 2021
- DRY NEEDLING LEVEL 1&2 CERTIFICATION COURSE with Craig Smith; Bangalore, India - dates postponed to May 2021 due to covid travel issues - 12 May 2021 - 15 May 2021
- DRY NEEDLING LEVEL 1&2 CERTIFICATION COURSE - with Craig Smith; Mumbai, India - dates postponed to May 2021 due to covid travel issues - 16 May 2021 - 19 May 2021
- DRY NEEDLING LEVEL 1&2 CERTIFICATION COURSE with Craig Smith; Delhi, India - dates postponed to May 2021 due to covid travel issues - 21 May 2021 - 24 May 2021
- DRY NEEDLING LEVEL 1&2 CERTIFICATION COURSE with Craig Smith; Hyderabad, India - dates postponed to May 2021 due to covid travel issues - 25 May 2021 - 28 May 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1 with Craig Smith; Cape Town - 04 Jun 2021 - 06 Jun 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2 with Craig Smith; Ankara, Turkey - new dates for 2021 now confirmed - 18 Jun 2021 - 22 Jun 2021
- DRY NEEDLING COURSE LEVEL 1&2; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 03 Oct 2021 - 07 Oct 2021