Date of Course:
03 Mar 2018 - 04 Mar 2018
Evidence Based Injury Prevention in Runners- Bridging the Rehab to Performance Gap with Glen Robbins and Ben Matthew; Cape Town; 3-4 March 2018
14 CEUs applied for
Course times: 8.45am to 5pm on day 1 & 2
Do you want to reduce the injury risk of your runners?
Do you want to improve their performance following rehab?
Participation in running is at an all time high. Running however, is a high-risk activity with an injury rate, ranging from 50 – 85 % during any 12 month period. Integrating Strength training in the rehabilitation of runners can REDUCE injury risk and IMPROVE performance.
This highly practical course will give you the skills and knowledge to integrate movement screening and strength training tools in the rehabilitation of injured runners.
This course provides a unique opportunity to integrate an evidence based approach to injury prevention and performance enhancement in the management of running injuries.
You will explore common biomechanical deficits found in injured runners, using validated movement screening tools and be provided with an overview of utilising strength training for prevention of overuse injuries in runners.
There will be a particular focus on functional screening and movement analysis to guide exercise prescription and progression. Various training models and exercise regimes (Single leg training, Posterior Chain Strength, Hip Stabilisation, Dynamic Core Strength training) will be explored with a special emphasis on practical application and current research trends in the prevention of overuse injuries.
This course is limited – book early to secure your place.
The course has been designed for physiotherapists, osteopaths, sports therapists, running coaches, personal trainers and other health care professionals who are involved in the management of running injuries.
1.Understand the common biomechanical and movement pattern dysfunction of injured runners.
2. Develop practical skills for functional assessment and movement analysis in runners for risk stratification and to guide exercise progression.
3. Eyplore important strength training principles and safe exercise prescription of advanced exercises and integrate evidence based injury prevention tools as part of lower limb rehabilitation in runners
4. Develop practical skills and clinical reasoning processes to apply strength training methods in the late stage rehab of runners with practical case studies
Note: Each activity will consist of theoretical and practical components.
Please bring shorts to the course for the practical sessions. Pre-reading articles will be sent before the course.
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- Day 1 & 2: 8.45am – 5pm