VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION COURSE with Richard O’Hara; Jo’burg, 03-04 September 2017
Course times : day 1 from 8:00 to 17:00 and from 12:00 to 19:00 day 2
CPD POINTS – GET A MAXIMUM OF 16 CPD POINTS APPLIED for
14 ceus in level 1 and 3 home study applied for in level 2 (complete the course questionnaire and pass with >70% for your extra 3 exam ceus
Vestibular Rehabilitation (Dizzyness) Course
Using movement and exercise, healthcare practitioners (such physios, bios, chiros, osteos, audiologists and ENT specialists) can effectively treat common causes of dizziness. This intense two day course covers the essentials of physiotherapy vestibular assessment and treatment. A strong emphasis is placed on differential diagnosis, clinical reasoning and treatment selection. Delegates will be taught to identify signs and symptoms that indicate central/sinister pathology. The vestibular rehabilitation techniques included in the course have a strong evidence base.
The course is suitable for health practitioners with no experience of dizzy patients or those wishing to consolidate existing skills.
Aims – By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
• Understand basic vestibular anatomy and physiology (semicircular canal orientation+function and the vestibulo-ocular reflex in particular)
• Have an overview of the main vestibular pathologies
• Take a relevant subjective history including vestibular special questions
• Carry out a clinical oculomotor examination
• Clinically assess the VOR (dynamic visual acuity, infrared video analysis and head thrust test)
• Clinically evaluate different types of nystagmus (central vs peripheral)
• Carry out an appropriate outcome-based assessment of balance
• Do positional testing for BPPV, interpret findings and treat using the appropriate manoeuvre (Epley, Simont and Horizontal canal)
• Devise, evaluate and progress a patient-specific exercise-based rehabilitation programme
How To Book This Course:
• Step 1: Create an account; register your details here or click on the ‘Members Area’ button on the top menu: we need your details in order to reserve your seat and email you the preliminary materials for the course – ps; please note that registering your details does not book you onto the course – you need to follow step 2 below.
• Step 2: Book your place; Once you have registered your details, come back to this course webpage to submit your booking below and choose your payment method; to book, click on the Submit button below.
• Step 3: Choose and make your payment method below; Payment by Bank Transfer: If you wish to pay via a bank transfer, simply follow the payment details on the proforma invoice that has been emailed to you now that you have made your booking. Payment by PayPal or Credit Card: Click the “Buy Now” Paypal button above to pay via PayPal or Credit Card. You are now booked and will receive a confirmation email shortly!
View the course times:
- day 1 from 8:00 to 17:00 and from 12:00 to 19:00 day 2
This event is fully booked.