Pilates teacher / trainer
• Visiting Practitioner and Pilates expert for One&Only
• Co-owner of The Source Cape Town Pilates & Yoga Studio
• International Pilates lecturer and presenter
• Co-director of Conscious Movement Education Conferences
Renee Watson is the co-founder of The Source Cape Town, and co-director of Conscious Movement Education. After attaining a B.Sc. in Dietetics from the University of British Columbia, Renee relocated to Cape Town in 1997. She completed her Pilates internship with Body Technology and subsequently studied further with Dianne Miller in Vancouver and Stott Pilates (Injuries and Special Populations). In 2004, Renee qualified wtih BASI and completed her Dance Conditioning at Cal State University Long Beach. In 2007, she qualified as a GYROKINESIS instructor and has since delved into manual therapies such as Dorn Method and Massage Therapy. In November 2007, she also achieved the standardised examination with the Pilates Method Alliance, and is a NCPT. Along with her business partner, they host the Conscious Movement Conference every two years in Cape Town. Since 2008, this international event has promoted learning, skills development, and exploration of modalities for all movement professionals. In 2015, Renee completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and more recently her Anatomy Trains in Motion course. Along with her business partner, they host the Conscious Movement Conference every two years in Cape Town. Since 2008, this international event has promoted learning, skills development, and exploration of modalities for all movement professionals. Drawing on her diverse background of movement, Renee teaches an evolving method of Pilates.
Education and Qualifications
• Anatomy Trains in Motion, Cape Town, 2019 • Certified in Low Pressure Fitness, Cape Town, 2018 • CMC 2018, Cara Reeser, Cape Town, 2018 • CMC 2016, Brent Anderson, Cape Town, 2016 • Certified as 200-hour Yoga Teacher, Cape Town, 2016 • Certified in Dorn Method & Breuss Massage, Cape Town, 2016 • LYNO Meets Pilates Assessment Course, Cape Town, 2015 • CMC 2014, Alan Herdman, Cape Town, 2014 • Kinetic Precision Course, Cape Town, 2014 • CMC 2012, Deborah Lessen, Cape Town, 2012 • Thomas Myers Anatomy Trains Movement Therapy, Cape Town, 2010 • CMC 2010, Elizabeth Larkam, Cape Town, 2010 • One Year Anatomy Course with Jacqui Koep, Cape Town, 2009 • CMC 2008, Sarah Mottram, Cape Town, 2008 • Attended Gyrotonic Course, Cape Town, 2008 • PMA-Certified Pilates Trainer, Florida, 2007 • Gyrokinesis Certificate, Austria, 2007 • Pilates Teacher Training Certificate, BASI, California, 2004 • Qualified Assessor, The Learning Network, South Africa, 2003 • STOTT Pilates Injuries and Special Populations, Cape Town, 2003 • Clinical Rehabilitation for Necks, Cape Town, 2003 • Pilates Teacher Training Certificate, Body Technology, South Africa, 2000 • BSc in Dietetics, University of British Columbia, Canada, 1996 • ACE Personal Trainer Certificate, United States, 1996